"Car insurance in British Columbia is unique, which means British Columbians understand what they want from their car insurance," said Jeremy Green, Vice President, Sales & Operations Western Canada, belairdirect. "British Columbian drivers consider understanding insurance to be tedious and want premiums that actually reflect their driving habits and fit their needs. belairdirect offers a new, personalized way to look at optional insurance, and our goal is to make it as simple as possible."
Options beyond mandatory insurance
The survey found a quarter (25%) of British Columbians with car insurance know the difference between the mandatory public auto coverage, and the type of optional insurance offered, including by belairdirect.
"belairdirect offers British Columbians personalized, optional car insurance choices including collision, liability and special discounts," said Green. "Our innovative automerit program can also reward good driving behaviour with a personalized discount of up to 25% on the optional auto insurance for BC residents."
Coming out on top
British Columbians are savvy when it comes to insurance, but they still want more. The survey found British Columbians with auto and/or home insurance are more likely than other regions of Canada to:
- Know car insurance varies by province (93% of respondents in BC vs. 79% rest of Canada).
- Have home insurance for peace of mind (67% of respondents in BC vs. 63% rest of Canada).
- Find it difficult to understand their home insurance policy (61% of respondents in BC vs. 52% rest of Canada).
- Have car insurance to follow the law (67% of respondents in BC vs. 61% rest of Canada).
- Strongly agree that they feel like they pay too much for their home insurance (30% of respondents in BC vs. 24% rest of Canada) and car insurance (61% of respondents in BC vs. 38% rest of Canada).
"Insurance is too important to be complicated and we are committed to simplifying that experience and help educate consumers. In fact, our licensed insurance agents will work with customers in British Columbia any day to ensure they have the optional coverage they should have to meet their needs, including the benefits of bundling both home and auto insurance for even more savings," said Green.