Everything you need to know about buying insurance in Toronto
Get a car insurance quote in Toronto
Living in Toronto
In Toronto, most people within the city limits have chosen to either rent an apartment, or they’ve purchased a condo. No matter what living arrangement you’ve chosen, there’s home insurance coverage and tenant insurance that fits your lifestyle.
There are over 2.93 million people who live in Toronto
Toronto currently has a population of close to 3 million residents within its metropolitan area.
Things to consider when shopping for home insurance in Toronto:
- Home prices in Toronto are some of the most expensive in Canada. The real estate market in Toronto over the last few years has been red-hot. The result: An average home value that is steeper than any other part of Ontario. Your insurance will need to be adjusted to cover a total loss.
- Because of the cold weather conditions and the proximity of Lake Ontario, homeowners in Toronto need to consider potential damages that could be caused by extreme cold.
With home insurance from belairdirect, you could cover the cost of:
- Damage from fire, smoke damage, lightning, and explosions.
- Certain types of water damage that start from inside your home.
- Theft, including the damage caused by attempted theft. With such a large population, Toronto naturally has a naturally higher crime rate than smaller cities in Ontario.
- Damage caused by weather events.
- Impact from aircraft or vehicles.
- Impact stemming from non-waterborne objects.
- Damage to goods you own while they're being transported.
- Damage caused by the weight of snow, ice, or sleet. In Toronto, winters can be very cold and the proximity of Lake Ontario can exacerbate cold weather conditions.
- Reimbursement of medical payments and related expenses.
- Expenses related to lawsuits.
- Covered property damage.
Talk to an insurance agent if you have questions regarding what’s included in your home insurance policy.
belairdirect offers you home insurance that fits your lifestyle in Toronto and gives you peace of mind.
Get a homeowners insurance quote from belairdirect today.
Owning a home or condo in Toronto
Over 55% of Toronto residents own a home or condo.
Over 20,000 new condo units are expected to be constructed in 2021 within the city of Toronto.
Renting an apartment in Toronto
47% of Toronto residents are renters. Even if you’re not the owner, the house or apartment you rent is still the place you call home. It’s important that you protect yourself from unforeseen circumstances. belairdirect offers you tenant insurance coverage that fits your lifestyle in Toronto and gives you peace of mind.
With belairdirect, you could be covered for:
- Damage or theft to your personal property
- Compensation for additional living expenses
- Personal liability if someone gets hurt or injured
Protect yourself and get a tenant insurance quote for your rented property in Toronto.
Save on car and home insurance in Toronto by bundling your coverage
By bundling your insurance with belairdirect in Toronto, you could save up to 10% on your home insurance and up to 20% on car insurance.
You’ll also have the advantage of dealing with only one insurance company for all your insurance coverage needs.
Get a bundled insurance quote from belairdirect.
You deserve better when it comes to insurance. With the belairdirect advantage, you get:
- A car or home insurance quote in as little as 3 minutes
- Personalized pricing and discounts
- Access to digital tools that let you control your coverage
- A chance to save even more by driving safely with automerit
- Online resources to find answers and information quickly on your own
- 24/7 claims support