Everything you need to know about buying insurance in Quebec City
Get a car insurance quote in Quebec
Living in Quebec City
No matter what living arrangement you choose when residing in Quebec, there’s tenant insurance coverage, condo insurance, and home insurance coverage designed to fit your lifestyle.
There are over 500,000 people who live in Quebec City
Quebec City currently has a population of 542, 298 residents, making it the 11th largest city in Canada and the second-largest city in the province of Quebec.
Things to consider when shopping for home insurance in Quebec City:
- In 2021, the median price for a single-family home in Quebec City reached $310,000. With a shortage of new houses, the real estate market has been steadily remaining hot over the past few years. Your home insurance will need to be tailored to the current value of your home to ensure that you’re covered for a total loss.
- In Quebec City, winters can be brutal. With the Saint Lawrence River in so close by and frigid temperatures, pipes within your home can easily freeze and burst without warning. Ensure that you have the right home coverage.
With home insurance from belairdirect, you could cover the cost of:
- Damage from fire, smoke, lightning, and explosions.
- Certain types of water damage that start from within your home.
- Theft, including the damage caused by attempted theft. Quebec City, although very safe, has a slightly higher crime rate because of its larger population compared to neighbouring towns like Lévis, Donnacona, or Domaine-des-Îles.
- Damage caused by weather events.
- Impact from vehicles or aircraft.
- Impact stemming from non-waterborne objects.
- Damage to goods you own while they're being transported.
- Damage caused by the weight of snow, ice, or sleet. Quebec City winters can get very cold. With the Saint-Lawrence River running adjacent, these cold weather conditions can get even worse.
- Reimbursement of medical payments and related expenses.
- Covered property damage.
- Expenses related to lawsuits.
Talk to an insurance agent if you still have any questions regarding what’s included in your home insurance policy. They’ll be able to provide you with the answers you need.
belairdirect offers you home insurance coverage that fits your lifestyle in Quebec City and gives you peace of mind no matter what life throws your way.
Get a homeowners insurance quote from belairdirect today.
Owning a home or condo in Quebec City
53.4% of Quebec City residents own their own home or a condo unit.
New home construction in the Quebec City region has seen a surge over the past few years thanks to new condo building projects and single-family homes.
Renting an apartment in Quebec City
In Quebec City, 46.6% of residents are renters. With so many CEGEPS and the Université de Laval nearby, many students decide to rent and live near campus. As a renter, it’s important to protect yourself from unforeseen incidents that could set you back financially, even if you don’t own the apartment or house you call home. With tenant insurance coverage from belairdirect, you can get peace of mind no matter what neighbourhood in Quebec you’re renting in.
With belairdirect, you could be covered for:
- Damage or theft to your personal property
- Compensation for additional living expenses
- Personal liability if someone gets hurt or injured on your rented property
Protect yourself and get a tenant insurance quote for your rented property in Quebec City.
Save on car and home insurance in Quebec City by bundling your coverage
By bundling your insurance with belairdirect in Quebec, you could save up to 15% on your car insurance coverage and up to 15% on home insurance coverage.
You’ll also only need to deal with a single insurance company for all your coverage needs.
Get a bundled insurance quote from belairdirect.
You deserve better when it comes to insurance. With the belairdirect advantage, you get:
- A car or home insurance quote in as little as 3 minutes
- Personalized pricing and discounts
- Access to digital tools that let you control your coverage
- A chance to save even more by driving safely with automerit
- Online resources to find answers and information quickly on your own
- 24/7 claims support