Everything you need to know about buying insurance in Ottawa
Get a car insurance quote in Ottawa
Living in Ottawa
In Ottawa, most people within the city limits have chosen to purchase their own home or a condominium. No matter what living arrangement you prefer, there’s home insurance coverage that fits your lifestyle.
There are over 1,018,001 people who live in Ottawa
Ottawa currently has a population of over 1,018,001 residents within its metropolitan area.
Things to consider when shopping for home insurance in Ottawa:
- Because of the weather and proximity to the Rideau River, homeowners in Ottawa need to be conscious of the damage that could be caused by heavy snowfall.
- Home prices in Ottawa have also seen an increase in recent months thanks to a red-hot market, meaning the value of the average home in Ottawa is steeper than other parts of Ontario and your insurance will need to be adjusted to cover a total loss.
With home insurance from belairdirect, you could be covered for:
- Theft, including the damage caused by attempted theft.
- Fire, lightning, explosion, and smoke damage.
- Certain types of water damage that start inside your home.
- Hail and windstorms, both common weather phenomena in the Ottawa region.
- Impact from vehicles or aircraft.
- Impact by non-waterborne objects.
- Damage to your goods while they're being transported.
- Damage caused by the weight of snow, sleet, or ice. Winters can be quite the season in Ottawa with cold temperatures and an abundance of snow.
- Reimbursement of medical payments and expenses.
- Expenses related to lawsuits.
- Covered property damage.
Talk to an insurance agent if you have any questions about what’s included in your home insurance policy.
belairdirect offers you homeowner’s insurance that fits your lifestyle in Ottawa and gives you peace of mind.
Get a home insurance quote from belairdirect today.
Owning a home or condo in Ottawa
In Ottawa, 66% of residents own a home or condo.
Condo construction grew by 117% in 2021 in the city of Ottawa
Renting an apartment in Ottawa
34% of Ottawa residents are renters. Even if you’re not the owner of the place you call home, it’s important that you protect yourself from unforeseen circumstances. belairdirect offers you tenant insurance coverage that fits your lifestyle in Ottawa and gives you peace of mind.
With belairdirect, you could be covered for:
- Theft or damage to your personal property
- Additional living expenses
- Personal liability if someone gets injured or hurt
Protect yourself and get a tenant insurance quote for your rented property in Ottawa.
Save on car and home insurance in Ottawa by bundling your coverage
By bundling your insurance with belairdirect in Ottawa, you could save up to 10% on your home insurance and up to 20% on car insurance.
You'll also have the advantage of only dealing with a single insurance company for all your insurance coverage needs.
Get a bundled insurance quote from belairdirect.
You deserve better when it comes to insurance. With the belairdirect advantage, you get:
- A car or home insurance quote in as little as 3 minutes
- Personalized pricing and discounts
- Access to digital tools that let you control your coverage
- A chance to save even more by driving safely with automerit
- Online resources to find answers and information quickly on your own
- 24/7 claims support