Preventing Home Break-ins
When it comes to home break-ins, a little prevention can go a long way. Taking a few preventive steps to make your home less desirable to would-be thieves now could save you a lot of heartache and money in the future.
- Install an alarm system from a specialized supplier that offers installation, regular inspection, and a guarantee
- Use battery backup for your alarm system in case the power goes out
- Lock all your doors and windows every time you leave the house
- Have your valuables etched (a proven deterrent might makes them harder to sell)
- Try to keep valuable jewellery in a bank safety deposit box
- Leaving your house key under a mat, in a planter, or in the mailbox. Thieves know all the hiding places.