Everything you need to know about our flood protection.

In the past few weeks, Quebec has been hit by heavy rains and flooding. Here is everything you need to know about our home insurance flood coverage. Please contact us to determine if you’re eligible to any compensation through your insurance policy.

  • Have you been affected by floods? Please call our 24/7 Claims Service at 1.877.270.91241.877.270.9124. Our teams are working hard to quickly respond to your requests. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • If you have questions about our flood protection? Please call us at 1.888.270.91111.888.270.9111. Our licensed insurance agents are available to answer your questions and review your insurance policy.

Click here to consult a resource guide we've prepared for you.

Expanded coverage

As of March 27, we’ve expanded the coverage of our “Water Damage – Ground Water and Sewers” endorsement included in many of our eligible insureds’ home insurance policies. In addition to coverage for damage caused by ground water and sewers, they are now also covered, among others, for damage due to rising water or overland water. This change gives our eligible insureds better protection against water damage.

Additional living expenses in case of evacuation

In the event of an evacuation order issued by the civil authorities, insureds with the expanded version of the “Water Damage – Ground Water and Sewers” endorsement will be entitled to compensation for additional living expenses, subject to coverage limits provided in their insurance policy.

Evacuated insureds who don’t have the above endorsement could also be compensated if they have an all-perils home insurance policy with belairdirect and provided that the water from the floods has not reached the insured premises. The amount of compensation is subject to coverage limits provided in their insurance policy.


Reactiv® is a confidential psychological assistance program, offered by Solareh, designed to provide support to eligible insurers following a disaster. For help, please call 1.866.539.67671.866.539.6767.

Government assistance

The Quebec government has announced a specific financial assistance program for the flooding that occurred between April 5 and May 16, 2017. The government has confirmed that compensation paid under this program will be complementary to claim payments made by insurance companies under their coverage for overflow of bodies of water.

We suggest that you give notice of loss to our Claims Department and file a claim with the Ministère de la Sécurité Publique (MSP). For more information on government assistance, please follow these links:

Pick-up of your personal property by municipalities

Some municipalities are asking residents to leave their damaged personal property curb-side for pick-up.

For a prompt and effective claim settlement, we ask that you please:

  1. Maintain a complete list of damaged personal property and photograph it before disposal;
  2. Keep all proof of purchase.

Make a donation

Perhaps you aren’t affected by the floods but would like to help those who are? Donate to the Canadian Red Cross now. Every contribution counts!

Reactiv® is a registered trademark of Solareh, Société pour l'Avancement des Ressources Humaines inc., the third party provider of psychological assistance services offered under the terms and conditions of your insurance policy, following a disaster.

Make an online claim
Claim service

By continuing to browse this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and with our Privacy Promise. OK